Vishay Intertechnology has extended the operating temperature range of its HOTcap K…H series of Automotive Grade, radial-leaded multilayer ceramic chip capacitors (MLCCs) to +200 °C — the industry’s highest for Ceramic Class 2 through-hole devices.
• High reliability MLCC insert produced in a unique wet build process
• Noble metal electrodes
• More robust to mechanical stress and can withstand higher operating temperatures than SMD parts
• Save space by eliminating the need for a PCB
• Lead wires allow for direct welding on lead frames and / or overmolding with plastic
• Coating made of flame-retardant epoxy resin in accordance with UL 94 V-0
Samples and production quantities of the extended K…H series are available now, with lead times of eight weeks.
Sample kits are available from Vishay’s catalogue distributors, with the part number HOTC-KIT-KH. To access the product datasheet on the Vishay Website, go to www.vishay.com (K…H Series)
Check distributor stock of the sample kit on the Vishay website here